Wednesday, July 14, 2010

New Age Bowling Alley Food

When I was little and lived in Iowa (yes I use to live in Iowa...lol) my Mom was on a bowling league. Every Wednesday we were in a smoke filled bowling alley...eating not so yummy food. I grew up eating the freshest and yummiest food and one day a week we ate bowling alley crap food...lol. Maybe that is where I get my random craving for nacho's with imitation cheese and jalapenos (that I MUST get when I go to the movies). Those nachos and slim jim's are my crap food weakness...lol.

Anyhoo...back to the topic at hand. In the past year or so I have started to go bowling more often and I have found that bowling alley food has changed!!! For the better!!! This comes with the new age bowling alley's that targets the urban professional. They are nice and swanky...lol. I have been to the Ten Pin Alley in Atlantic Station where you can even order food from Dolche which is below the bowling alley!!! Yes they still have nachos, but they are nachos with fresh chips, seasoned ground beef, sour cream, pico de gallo and guacamole. You only get the jalapenos when you ask for them!!!


So last night I met up with some of our Line Sisters for some sisterly relations at the 300 Bowling Alley. I use to go to this bowling alley in high school when it was named something else...and it was one of those old school bowling alleys where you get the typical bowling alley food. Well when I got there it was no longer that run down bowling alley I remembered but a new swanky bowling alley. That carried top shelf liquor, has big screen tv's and lane side waiters...that bring yummy goodness!!

I ordered some salt and pepper onion rings...and boy oh boy were they good!!!! They were HUGE...with a great batter that was nice and crispy!!! Definitely yummy yums!!! I tried someone's sweet potato fries that were just okay...I could tell that they fried them in the same grease that they fry everything else in. I also ate a piece of Florentine Flatbread that was SOOOO good. It has tomatoes, spinach, mozzarella, Parmesan, and ricotta cheeses!!! And of course...swanky nachos!!!! But I would have to say that I preferred my crap food nachos over their nachos...any day of the week!!!!!

But overall the new age bowling alley food is definitely an upgrade!!! 

Eat on...
Atlanta

3 comments:

  1. Get a flip camera or EVO and start YouTubeing yall restaurants great review

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually got one from work last month so I'm eager to put it to use very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. and I have a flip camera...I will start carrying mine with me!!!!

    ReplyDelete